Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Amazing 21st Birthday!

Yes, November 7th was the big 21st. And I learned just how seriously blessed and spoiled I am.

I was woken up at 6AM to my handsome man carting this:
French toast, bacon and sausage for the win!
He woke up at 5 to make me breakfast and bed before work!

So after eating with the man he brought me gift number one: blue-rays of The Heat and Identity Thief. I am OBSESSED with Melissa McCarthy, so this was perfect! These movies are hilarious! Then the man went to work and I cuddled with the pooch most of the day.

Oh, and got the coveted horizontal license.

I got home and he had told me to be ready by 5:45 so we could leave for dinner. I was getting dolled up, browsing the mail (My parents sent me a card from them, as well as one from my dog. They know me too well...), and wondered where we'd go.

We ended up at the Bonefish Grill! Gah it is so yummy! We had Bang Bang shrimp (fried shrimp covered in a creamy spicy sauce) for an appetizer, the man had lobster and steak, and I had a cheesy crab stuffed tilapia.

And of course, I had my first legal adult beverages:
Bonefish Martini 
Their winter special martini...super sweet and good!
We got home and there were two dozen roses and a teddy bear waiting on the door step from the man.

And a chocolate tower from the sister-in-law. It was filled with chocolate pretzels, chocolate covered peanuts, chocolate peanut butter cups, chocolate chip and toffee cookies, and pecan clusters. I am going to be huge just looking at it!
Thanks for making me fat Rachel! ;)
The man also brought ice cream cake (my favorite) and got a little carried away decorating it...but it was delicious!
The 630-8 is for our wedding date (6/22). The other stuff...I'm not really sure. 
The next day, I got my next birthday gift in the mail:
New Boots!
I picked them out by the way. It was his idea to get me boots...but he didn't trust himself to pick them out. Probably for the best :)

That evening we went to a French cooking class. Not going to lie, we followed the address on the website and ended up at a residential house, so we were sure we were going to be murdered.

But instead, we had a blast! We signed up for a creme brulee class, but she also taught us how to make another variation of creme brulee with caramel, caramel sauce, and langues de chat cookies. 
Creme brulee! I feel like a gourmet chef knowing how to make this haha
Caramel sauce!
Langues de chat cookies...which is French for cat tongue...but they were yummy!
Not only did we learn to make some amazing food, but we learned a lot. Sylvie, our chef, is from France. She told us all about French culture, cooking, and life. She even pulled out some chocolate cake that she was working on for us to try (the way to my heart!) and gave us a small class of French wine.

What I loved the most was learning about how the French have decadent foods, but only have small portions because they enjoy each bite. They don't shovel down huge plates on the couch while watching How I Met Your Mother. They treat each meal as an experience to talk and laugh and enjoy great food. It inspires me to do that more often.

That was my super spoiled birthday extravaganza. I am so blessed and had the best birthday a girl could ask for.

Love and Blessings,

Annmarie Fate

P.S. And because everyone loves a dog in a cone, here is a shot from out Saturday nap:
She loves cuddling! Even if she looks possessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment