Thursday, May 15, 2014

Photoshop Beauty?


Photoshop beauty is a topic I'm sure we've heard about many times. The idea that no one looks as pretty as the girls on the magazines covers, including those girls. This is because programs like Photoshop make it so easy to change your eye size, skin smoothness, and even your makeup. 

While my title icon is a dramatic edit of my original face, below is a more subtle, yet still just as fake, example.

Observe:

Exhibit A (Pre-Edit)
Naked-faced me-my zits, freckles, premature wrinkles (thanks to high school tanning), and
round cheecks
Exhibit B:
Look, I'm pretty?
Yes, the slimmed face, make-up, teeth-whitening, and skin smoothing is all from an app. (It's Perfect 365 if you're wondering). 

Just playing around with this app made me realize how easy it is to make yourself appeal to society's idea of beautiful. But you know what? Screw them! Those cover girls aren't even as flawless as they look on the magazines! Play with make-up if you want, or don't. Cut your hair, rock your zits do whatever you want! Because no matter what, you're beautiful. 

And remember, according to the big guy above: 
You are fearfully and wonderfully made

Love and Blessings, 

Annmarie Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment