Wednesday, September 25, 2013

R.I.P Betty, My First car



Oh Betty,

My beautiful, two door, red Chevy Beretta.

You served me well over these past five years.

Yes, you broke down. A lot. Yes, you were a hot box with no air conditioning. Yes, it was hard to jam to music without a CD player. Yes, the stalling, strange noises, and leaking was inconvenient (to say the least...).

But you were the star of many adventures.

You helped friends and I caravan all over West Michigan for late night adventures.
You were filled with many toys and surprises that led to many fun times.
How about the shaving cream fight in the parking lot of my high school?
How about the foam sword you housed to protect me (assuming it was dark so no one knew I was wielding a foam sword instead of a real one)?
How about the silly string fights?
How about the many trips to the other side of the state to visit the man during out long distance days?
How about the times I cried in you riding back from those same trips?
How about the times I cried just because I was an emotional teenager?

Thank you, Betty, for getting me from here to there, and much more.

You were my first car and will always hold a special place in my heart.

R.I.P Betty. Sorry I had to pull the plug. You will be missed.

Love and Blessings,

Annmarie

No comments:

Post a Comment