Monday, May 27, 2013

My Last Cottage Visit For A LONG Time

Memorial Weekend was bittersweet for me. Sweet because I got to spend it at my Grandparents' cottage with a bunch of family, eat a plethora of deep fried delicacies, and just spend some time in nature. Yet bitter, because I know that it will probably be the last time I can go up to the little town of Leroy for a very long time. This place holds many memories for me, and while I am so excited to be moving onto a new phase in my life, this was a hard goodbye.

The Green Cottage

Henry's General Store, one of the few local stops in Leroy, MI

Me, circa 2009 or so, posing with a sign in the woods by the cottage

While the weather was chillier than I had hoped (no swimming for this girl), it was a sunny gorgeous weekend. Rose Lake is a gorgeous lake, and while I did not get to swim in it, the view was incredible. And if you can look closely, Ringo (my parents' dog) enjoyed the water enough for the both of us!

This is my own little slice of heaven...ignore the crazy dog on the right
I only had a few heartbreaks this weekend. Heartbreak #1: falling in love with this little guy!

Chimi, you stole my heart
I dubbed him Chimi (short for chimchanga). He had a collar, but an owner could not be found. And the hard part is between the man and I, I have to be the logical one when it comes to taking in pets. Well, my big old heart almost kept him. But a neighbor took him to the shelter, so hopefully his owner will be looking for him...sigh. 

On Saturday, we drove to Cadillac to go thrifting! My best find was a wedding veil.cowboy hat (which oddly resembled my mother-in-laws wedding ensemble from the eighties)...

My new wedding veil! Maybe...or maybe not. 
I did not buy it. But it, along with other amazing vintage pieces, were found at the Atomic Closet, a kitschy little vintage boutique. While it is more expensive than Salvation Army or Goodwill, it has some wonderful clothing, jewelry, and furniture from decades ago. It is definitely worth a stop if you are in the Cadillac area, even just to browse.  

On Sunday, my family celebrated Deep-Fry Day! That's right, all of us Polaks spent the day deep frying everything from chicken fingers, french fries, macaroni and cheese, and ravioli, to name a few. It was an American, delicious, artery clogging, diabetes inducing, magical meal.

Golden french fries, with some macaroni cubes in the back
My sinfully amazing dinner plate
All in all, this weekend was a blast! I so enjoyed the time outdoors with my family. While I am headed off to start a new chapter of my life soon, it was nice to relish in the previous chapter and it's wonderful times as well. 

Love and Blessings,

Annmarie Faye

P.S. When we got back to my parents' houses, we found a tiny stray kitten! She is such a cutie and cannot be more than three weeks old! If anyone is interested in giving this lover a warm, caring home, please contact me. I'd be keeping her myself if the man wasn't allergic to cats...fun sucker. ;)

Someone adopt this cutie!


2 comments: