2) A parent's job is to give their child roots and wings. The wings are the hard part.
3) When you wear jewelry, it looks like you put a lot thought into how you look that day.
4) How to be an amazing stay-at-home mother. This has actually inspired me to stay at home with my children someday.
5) How to go out of your comfort zone. After us kids were in school full time, Jan went back into the work force. As scary as it must have been after being a homemaker for years, she did it. And is still working at that same job.
6) A good work ethic is one of the most important things you can have.
8) Family is so important, and if you're lucky (I am!), they will be some of your best friends.
|From left to right: Ter (Dad), Jan (Mom), Clay (brother), me, and the man|
10) "Marry someone who you think hung the moon and the stars, and who feels the same way about you."
11) "Sometimes I want to smack your father when he snores at night. But I still get butterflies when I hear the garage door open when we comes home from work. And I still touch up my lipstick. That is love."
|Jan and Ter have been married 24 years!|
13) How to always keep faith in God, even when life is full of struggles.
Thank you Jan, for all that you've taught me. You've shaped me into the woman I am today, and I truly think of you as one of my best friends.
Hope everyone enjoys their Mother's Day!
Love and Blessings,