Monday, July 8, 2013

A God Thing...At Wendy's?


This Sunday the man and I had planned to try out a new church. We're in the church hunting process, and while it's exciting, it's also intimidating to go to a strange church where no one knows you and try to decipher if it's a biblical, Godly church that we could see ourselves attending. We had found one we wanted to try...but then I set the alarm to 8:30 pm instead of 8:30 am. Fail, I know.

So we got up late and decided to grab a bite at Wendy's. As we ate our artery-clogging meals, we somehow started chatting with a couple near us. They are older than us, and we just shared some small talk. As they left, the woman asked if we went to church today. I explained the sitatiation of the alarm, and she said she just overheard us talking about The Bible miniseries and was just wondering. We said we were searching for a new home church.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

This woman and her husband proceeded to tell us about their church. Apparently is has Mennonite (a branch of the Amish) roots, but is now a just a bible based church. She wasn't wearing a bonnet or anything, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Not that I have an issue with bonnets, they're just not for me. But anywho, the more we talked, the more the man and I noticed that it sounded like the church we might be looking for!

My first thought when they mentioned that their church was based on Mennonites..even though this couple looked nothing like this. Don't judge. 
So next Sunday, the man and I will be attending Hinkletown Mennonite Church. Not sure yet if it will be our home church or just an adventure for next weekend. but you never know what God has planned. He could even use a baconator to further your faith journey...

Love and Blessings,

Annmarie Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment