- My first Sunday at the homestead involved our recliner eating my arm fat. I screamed and teared up a little bit (the man left his xbox to see if I was ok and got me ice...that's true love!). I felt like a baby, until I saw this bad boy:
|My bruise. Wish I could say it was from a bar fight instead of a recliner...|
- I tried a few new recipes this week. The first wifely dinner consisted of salisbury steak and mashed potatoes (from scratch!) as well as oven roasted broccoli. It was delicious! I didn't use the Bouquet junk, and wish I would've cooked the steaks a little longer over lower heat, but the man took seconds, so that is a success to me!
|Our delicious dinner made completely from scratch by moi!|
- I also made home aid cheesy broccoli soup. It was so yummy! Instead of following the recipe, I cooked the onions, butter and flour, then added the broccoli with chicken broth and cooked for 20 minutes before I added the other ingrediants. Oh, and I also used a boatload more cheese than the recipe said...don't judge this dairy lovin' girl!
|Cheesy broccoli soup with extra cheese (because there should always be extra cheese!)|
|Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches made by the man to accompany the soup|
- It was Brad's birthday on the fourth! So I went to the store the day before to buy him a new mountain bike, the series Planet Earth on Blueray as well as food to make him breakfast in bed.. But apparently, bikes do not fit very well into two door cars. And also, keys left on the roof of said car get lost easily. Lastly, walmart bike tires will pop for no reason while just sitting and waiting. So I called Brad to pick me up after work. He drove up to see a teary eyed, red faced and sweaty girl standing next to her locked car with a flat-tired bike. We did end up taking the front tire off and fitting it into his car, as well as finding my spare key the next day to open my car and find that the keys slid off the roof into the trunk. Also the bacon sitting in ninety degree weather was pretty gross. But he was happy with his gifts. It's the thought that counts, right? (and walmart did fix the tire FO' FREE!)
|The man putting the front tire back on his gift|
- We saw fireworks at the local rec center. Plenty of bonnet sightings and no mosquito bites at all! PA, you're looking better and better every day.
- We had a date night at The Green Dragon Farmer's Market. It was a blast! We got so many items for such a good deal, met a lot of people at a little diner at the market. and felt good supporting local farmers and merchants.
|Our loot from the Farmer's Market! Included lettuce, mushrooms, zucchini, nectarines, a tin cup, natural hand lotion, strawberries, chocolate shoo fly pie and a bracelet|
- We also bought a mattress to replace out 15+ year old one we are rocking now and CAN'T WAIT to have it delivered.
Our week was busy and productive. We are starting to turn our messy apartment into a little home, and I am so excited for this journey with my man.
Love and blessings,