Thursday, July 18, 2013

Yummies I've Made Recently

I was trying to make a habit of having a "list" blog post post every Thursday, but I kind of fell off of the wagon. So here I am again, enthralling you with lists of my life! (Or something like that).

Yummies I've Made Recently:

1. Chinese Stir Fry
One of Brad's favorite meals I make
Here is the pin which has the recipe in the description, including how I changed the recipe. I let the chicken soak in the sauce in a crock pot for two and a half hours, and then added sauteed mushrooms and broccoli for the last hour. Served over brown rice. The man was in love!

2. Smoothies 
Ok, so this isn't really "cooking", but it is a yummy and healthy snack for the humid summer heat! We mixed fresh mangoes, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, key lime pie yogurt and ice in a blender, and voila!
Ahhh, a fruity treat

 3. Quinoa Patties, Roasted Asparagus and Sauteed Mushrooms
I served my carnivorous man a completely vegetarian meal, and he loved it! These quinoa patties (recipe here) were delicious AND extremely filling! The parmesan cheese gave them a delicious flavor. 
A vegetarian meal that even the man liked!

4. Homemade Bread
This is what I'm most proud of. We ran out of bread (it got moldy...ew), so instead of getting in my sauna of a car to go buy a loaf, I decided to make bread from scratch.

I've never done it before, and the process was actually pretty fun.
Top: the dough before rising; bottom; the dough after. Woah!
Yeah, I'm like a little kid. The rising was like magic to me! After following this recipe, I opened the oven to this treasure:
Omnom
So I sliced a piece...and slathered it in butter....
Clogged arteries what?
It was so wrong, yet it was so right. I do not think I can go back to store bought bread: the thick, crunchy crust and the soft, pillow-like middle melts in your mouth.

There are my mentionable meals of the week. I am enjoying experimenting with cooking, loving running my own kitchen, and craving the warm fuzzies I get when I see the man grabbing for seconds from something I made All in a day's work I guess ;)

Love and Blessings

Annmarie Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment