Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Oh-So-Yummy Breakfast Muffins

My boredom today led me to the kitchen, which led me to create these delectable little guys:



The great thing was everything needed to make these were in my kitchen already! (Well, Jan (my mother's) kitchen, but yeah, I digress). All you need is sugar, flour, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, shortening, milk, baking powder, salt and eggs. All fairly normal kitchen ingredients, which together, create a perfect muffin with a sugary-covered outer shell protecting a moist cakey inside.

Jan said 'This is the best muffin I've ever had!" Which is high praise from my longtime baking/cooking mother! These freeze as well, so I'm planning to make a large batch of them soon and freezing them so I will always have a home baked good for guests for breakfast.

The recipe is here. It is so very easy! Although a Kitchen Aid mixer helps a lot...(thanks Jan for owning one!)

Hope everyone's week is going great!

Love and blessings,

Annmarie Faye

P.S. Sorry for my lack of posts lately, I am moving my stuff to Pennsylvania this weekend and have been very busy planning the trip.

P.S.S. Only 18 more days until I'm married! EEEEEEE! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment