Wednesday, December 18, 2013

BarkBox December 2013 Review


As many of you know, I'm obsessed with my dog. She is my fur child and I'm not ashamed to say it! And I will say a dog addiction is much better than a lot of addictions out there.
She naps on my chest like an infant...that's normal right?
Anywho, I found a new way to spoil my pup! It's called BarkBox, a subscription service that is my new obsession.

What Is It?
BarkBox is a monthly subscription service for your little furry friend! You sign up and pay a monthly fee to receive a box every month filled with four or more all-natural dog items such as treats, foods, hygiene products and toys.

How It Works
First you pick out the size of your dog. This is so you are sent toys and treats that are appropriately sized for your pooch.
Next you pick out what plan you'd like. You can buy anywhere from one month for a special occasion treat, to paying for an entire year of boxes. I like having options :)
Lastly, you receive your box. The boxes are shipped out the 15th of every month and they send you tracking information to stalk your box until it arrives. (Am I the only one who does this?)

For A Good Cause?
Another fun fact about BarkBox: 10% of all their proceeds go to support dogs in need in shelters, rescues, and low cost spaying and neutering. So not only do you get a surprise box of treats every month for your dog, but you also are helping save other dogs.

What If I Want More?
If you or your dog fall in love with one of the products in your BarkBox, you can get more! Each box comes with a paper with an explanation of all of the items in your box and the websites to go to purchase more. And occasionally BarkBox will give exclusive opportunities to purchase more products at a discounted rate!

On to this month's box:

The December 2013 BarkBox

This box contained five different items. I was so excited to dive into what treats my Maisy got!

1. Barkworthies Chew Stick
This is a small bully stick made with 100% beef bladder. Sounds gross, but it is natural. There are no chemicals or preservatives in them, making them a nice alternative to rawhide chews.

2. Bistro Bites
These are treats made just for small dogs! Perfect for my little 11 pounder. These are peanut butter and apple sauce flavored, are wheat-free, gluten-free, high in protein and a perfect sized bite for my little girl. The package is supposed to last for one month, so this is not just a small sample of products. It makes me feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

3. Planet Dog Biscuits
This was a bag of small little bone-shaped biscuits. These are chicken and pumpkin pie flavored (pumpkin is a natural digestion aid and tummy soother for dogs, so yay!) and are made without wheat, corn or soy. It is so nice to read the ingredients on the back and to be able to pronounce every single one! These were a cute size and a nice way to soothe her tummy.

4. GoDog Toy
This blue fuzzy toy was so cute! It does have a squeaker, but the squeaker was one of the least annoying ones I've heard. It is a plush toy, so I'm not sure it was last long against my little terror's chewing, but it was really cute and soft. She seemed to enjoy thrashing it around the apartment.

5. Simply Fido Toy
This was my favorite! The toy was a cute little reindeer with a tug-of-war rope running through it! They are made with organic, non-toxic materials and got the Maisy stamp of approval!
Sorry about the blur, but she would not sit still with her new Simply Fido Toy!
 I HIGHLY recommend joining BarkBox. And if you follow this link you can get $10 off! So you ahead and get your pooch a Christmas gift that keeps on giving!

Love and Blessings,

Annmarie Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment