Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ipsy November 2013 Bag


Last month I signed up for Ipsy. For those of you who don't know, it is a subscription service. First you take a quiz about your skin and eye colors, make-up taste, and beauty needs. Then you pay $10 a month, and receive 4-5 beauty and make-up products every month. Each box comes with a cute little make-up bag as well. 

For this make-up junkie, Ipsy is the perfect way to get my fix on without blowing through a ton of money. 

In my November bag (which was cute, cold, and shiny!), I received 6 items! In the future I will take pictures of each item separately, as well as pictures of the items being used. But for now, this lazy girl will just tell you what she thinks about each product. 

BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Sample
This was a gorgeous golden color that went on smooth and was very pigmented. It was the only sample sized product I got, and even so, it was a much bigger sample than I was expecting. Although I have a few other gold colors that are similar, it will be a nice color to take if I have little space for my whole make-up collection.

Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil
This purple pencil is a dream! I love purple anything, and it went on very smoothly. It was a little lighter than I prefer, but a nice way to add a subtle purple to your eyes. 

Pixi Beauty Bronzer
I am in love with this bronzer! It is a little dark for some people with my skin tone, but since I love a dramatic contour under my cheek bones, it was perfect! I might actually buy this next time I run out of bronzer (which should be awhile because this was a full sized bronzer!)

Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer
This light champagne pink was a gorgeous color for my nails! And I am proud to say that I have had it on for 5 days with little chipping. I usually have awful chipping after a few days, so almost a week with minimal chipping is a success for me!

Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon
I so badly wanted to like this product. And I do like how it goes on. But I do not like the shade. It is a medium wine color, which I do not think is very flattering on me. It might just be a preference thing. I think I would have liked this a lot more if it was more red or pink as it was very moisturizing and pigmented. 

Em Michelle Phan Lash Gallery Mascara
This was my most disappointing product. The mascara was fine, but nothing special. I will keep using my drugstore mascara for sure. 

Most of the products I adored! And for only $10 a month, it's a pretty cheap way to get my make-up fix. I get to try new products and feel much better not liking one or two if I have a few others that work great for me!

If anyone is interested in signing up, click here. It does take a little bit to receive a bag after you sign up as there is a waiting list (you are only charged once you are off the waiting list and receiving your monthly bag). It makes a nice little treat to look forward to. Why not get yourself a little Christmas gift? 

Love and Blessings, 

Annmarie Jordan




No comments:

Post a Comment