Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes

Cleaning your makeup brushes. It sounds about as fun as flossing. But just like flossing, it is so important to do. Not only do clean brushes appply makeup better, but dirty and gross brushes can cause acne. And acne is not fun.

I'll admit, I don't wash them as often as I should. My goal is to do it every two weeks....but I haven't washed mine since we got married...in June...ew.

So while the man was in Atlanta on business, I thought it was as good a time as ever to clean those bad boys.

1. Take your makeup brush.
This is my blush brush that gets used almost every day.
2. Put a folded paper towel on a plate and pour some olive oil on it.
I know olive oil seems strange, but trust me. 
3. Swirl your brush in the oil. It will suck all of the leftover makeup off of the brushes.

This is after swirling just one brush.

4. Fill a glass with warm water and dish detergent and place the brush in there.

5. Let the brush soak for a few minutes.

6. Run the brush under warm water and squeeze the bristles to get any excess water out.

7. Lay the brush on an old towel to dry.

And voila! Clean brushes! It is kind of a pain (especially when you have a billion brushes like me...) but it truly does make a difference in applying your make-up.

Love and Blessings,

Annmarie Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment