Thursday, December 19, 2013

Greek and Quinoa Avocado Salad

I was CRAVING avocado the other day. Hardcore, I needed some of it in my life immediately. So I browsed some recipes and found one for a Greek and Quinoa Avocado Salad.

1. Put some spinach leaves on a place.

2. Put half of a cut up avocado on top of the bed of lettuce.

3. Whisk some olive oil, lemon juice and salt together for a low-calorie dressing.

4. Mix up some cooked quinoa,cut up tomatoes, ripped up spinach leaves and the dressing.

5. Put the quinoa mixture on top of the spinach and avocado, and top with cheese.

Note: The recipe suggested feta. I thought I had feta, but it was old. So I used mozzarella. Still yummy, but not as good as feta would have been.

What a delicious lunch salad! I highly recommend using fresh, high quality produce. The tomatoes weren't on point, so the salad was not as good as it could have been. But it still tasted great and had a lot of yummy flavors going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment