Sunday, December 1, 2013

Wisdom Teeth and Turkey

This was mere hours after the wisdom teeth surgery...two were impacted...don't judge.
The Thursday before Thanksgiving, this was me:

Yeah, that was a cute look...

I got the wisdom teeth yanked. Besides a little swelling, lots of sleeping, itchy skin from the pain meds, and crying right after surgery when I learned that I couldn't get a frosty because Wendy's was closed, I recovered pretty well. They are still a little sore sometimes, but the gums are healing and I look a lot better than the swollen, ice-pack-age-bandage-wrapped hot mess above.

On to what I really care about:

I SUCCESSFULLY COOKED MY FIRST TURKEY!!!
Mmmm look at that browned skin!
I did learn that it takes hours among hours to thaw a turkey, so we had our Thanksgiving dinner a decent amount later than I planned...but it turned out delicious!

I made buttery cream cheese mashed potatoes, cornbread muffins, turkey, buttery green beans, corn, and my auntie's homeade stuffing.
The dinner plate of glory...sorry, I'm just super proud I made such a big dinner and didn't burn anything!
Oh my gosh this food was so good! Not to toot my own horn, but wow, I was impressed with my first Thanksgiving dinner made by me was a success.

And I also made a homeade pumpkin pie.
I LOVE pumpkin pie!
And you see the big 'ol glob of whipped cream? Also homeade. Side note: it's super easy to make. Throw some heavy cream in a Kitchenaid mixer, put it on as high as it will go without the cream flying out, and as it solidifies, add a dash of vanilla and sugar to taste. Done.

It was strange to be away from the extended family for this holiday, but it was so much fun cuddling with my own little family.I so enjoyed watching the parade, the game, snippets of the dog show, all while cuddled up with my man and pooch. Oh, and cooking of course.

I am so thankful for my family, my friends, that I am able to further my education, and have so many blessings that I don't even realize. While the food was great, being able to spend time relaxing with the man and the pooch was what made this day so amazing :)

Love and Blessings,

Annmarie Faye

P.S. Only a few hours left in the extended Black Friday Sale for Lilla Rose! Check out my site by Sunday at Midnight for 20%-50% off all items and free shipping for orders over $50! A great way to find some hair accessories at a great price for that girl on your Christmas gift list who has everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment