Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ipsy December Glam Bag Review


I got an early Christmas present: my December Ipsy Glam Bag! This makeup addict was geeked to say the least.

The bag it came in was black and reminded me of the texture of those jelly sandals from the 90s. This will be good for travel because it will be durable. If something spills in the bag, it won't soak through to my other items in my suitcase. It was a cute, classy and neutral bag that I will be using often.

1. Salon Perfect Perfectly Natural Lash Strip
Ooo la la!
These lashes look very natural for a fake lash, which I like. It also comes with a little glue to apply the lashes. I have not tried them yet, but am saving them for the holidays to amp up my make up look.

2. POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio (Shade-Smokin Hot)
Sparkly!
I wanted to like these shadows so badly! The colors are amazing. What is more classic than a grey smokey eye? But they just aren't pigmented enough for me. As you can see, you really do not get a ton of color payoff. I will say I'm a make up addict and these would probably suffice for the average make up user. Also, it might be nice to use them for a daytime smokey eye so it looks less dramatic.

3. Mirabella Eye Blender

I loved this eye shadow brush! It is soft and fluffy, making it perfect for blending colors on the lid. I also might use it to blend concealer under my eyes because it is so soft and won't tug at the delicate skin. The handle is long, the brush is soft, and I have no complaints about this product.

4. J. Cat Beauty Big Lip Pencil (Shade-Red Rose)
Ignore the awful photo quality and lack of lipstick application skills
A swatch on my arm
This lip crayon is a gorgeous red color that is perfect for the holidays. It went on very smooth. Because it is technically a lip liner, it can be a little drying. But this is easily remedied by applying a lip gloss over top. Overall, this product is a winner for me. I might blot it a little more next time to soften the color, but it is a pretty red that can work on my fair skin.

5. Be a Bombshell The One Stick (Shade-Sunset)
Used as a blush and lipstick
Swatched on my arm
This was my favorite product! I love that it can be applied as a lipstick, blush and a eyeshadow! It is a beautiful sunset-orange color with just a hint of sparkle. This is great for travel because it is three products in one. It did not leave my cheeks shiny and did not dry out my lips. I have not tried it as an eyeshadow yet. This product is my favorite out of the Glam Bag this month!


Click here to join me on Ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You take a quiz about your make up style, hair and skin coloring, and you get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. What a affordable way to get your girlie-fix on and try out some products you might not normally have tried!

Love and Blessings,

Annmarie Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment